Wedding florals are an essential part of any wedding ceremony or reception. Their beauty and fragrance can add a touch of sophistication, elegance, and romance to your special day. However, choosing the right wedding florals can be overwhelming, especially when there are countless options available. In this blog, we will discuss some tips to help you choose the perfect wedding florals.
1) Choose your color palette: The first step in selecting your wedding florals is to decide on your color scheme. Consider the theme of your wedding, the season, and your personal preferences. Choose colors that complement each other and reflect the mood of your wedding. You could also consider seasonal flowers to save money and have a natural feel.
2) Research different flower options: Once you have decided on your color palette, research various flowers that fit within your scheme. Look for flowers that bloom during the season of your wedding or go for an exotic option if you are looking to make a statement. We touch a bit more on seasonality and sustainability below.
3) Determine your budget: Wedding florals can vary greatly in price, so it is essential to determine your budget before making any decisions. It is also important to remember that flowers are not the only decorative element to a wedding; hence you should budget accordingly.
4) Consult with a florist: A florist is undoubtedly your best resource for wedding florals. They can help you decide on the flowers that work best for your style, theme, and budget. A florist can also take into account any allergies you may have or any location restrictions and provide solutions for them. Rocky Mountain Wedding Collective has in-house floral designer Alpine Blooms (https://alpineblooms.ca), who can consult at initial planning stages, prepare a proposal based on your inspiration and ideas, and oversee all the florals on your big day.
5) Consider the venue: The wedding venue you choose can impact the wedding florals you decide on. Be sure to consider the size of the venue, the table sizes, and the ambiance. It is also essential to take the lighting of the location into account as florals look different under different lighting conditions.
6) Personalize your florals: Personalization is everything when it comes to wedding florals. Don’t be afraid to add unique touches to your arrangements. For instance, you could incorporate family heirlooms, ribbons, or special items like feathers, crystals or even fairy lights.
Can beautiful florals be sustainable?
As weddings become more and more eco-conscious, couples are looking for ways to make their big day more sustainable. One area that often gets overlooked in this search for sustainability is flowers. However, with a little bit of research and some careful planning, it’s possible to choose sustainable flowers for your wedding without sacrificing style or beauty.
Here are some things to keep in mind when choosing sustainable flowers for your wedding:
1. Choose Local Flowers
One of the most sustainable options for wedding flowers is choosing locally grown blooms. Not only do local flowers have a lower carbon footprint since they don’t need to be transported as far, but they’re also fresher and often more affordable. Plus, by choosing flowers that are in season and grown locally, you’ll be supporting local farmers and businesses.
2. Opt for Organic Flowers
Organic flowers are grown without harmful chemicals, which makes them a more environmentally friendly choice. Look for flowers that are certified organic or that use sustainable farming practices. Keep in mind that organic flowers may be more expensive than conventionally grown flowers, but the difference in price is worth it to support sustainable farming practices.
3. Choose Long-Lasting Blooms
Rather than choosing flowers that will wilt quickly and need to be replaced, opt for long-lasting blooms. Sunflowers, dahlias, and succulents are all great choices that can last for weeks after the wedding. This means less waste and more enjoyment of your beautiful blooms.
4. Embrace Wildflowers
If you’re having an outdoor wedding, consider using wildflowers as part of your decor. These flowers are naturally occurring in the environment and require no extra resources to grow. Plus, they add a whimsical, romantic touch to any wedding.
By choosing local, organic, long-lasting, and wildflowers, you can have beautiful and sustainable blooms that will enhance your wedding day while minimizing your carbon footprint.
Choosing the perfect wedding florals is an exciting part of planning your wedding. Keep these tips in mind as you embark on the journey to a floral-filled wedding day. With a little research and guidance from a top-rated florist, you can create the perfect decor for a well-designed and impressive wedding.